• Class Sizes Will NOT Be Increased
• Dozens of Teachers' Jobs Saved
• But Union Leader Threatens to Strike
Your Elected Reform Trustees:
• Were Forced to Cut $25 Million from Last Year's Budget
• Must Cut $34 Million More This Year
• Voted to Save Dozens of Teachers' Jobs
• Voted to Preserve Smallest Possible Class Sizes
• Are Now Threatening to Strike
• Want Board to Lay Off Hundreds of Young, Talented, Energetic Teachers
• Want Board to Increase Class Sizes
• Want to Preserve Higher Salaries/Benefits for Most Senior Members at the Expense of the Students, Young Teachers and Taxpayers of CUSD!
LOOK: Photo of Teachers Union Pres. Vicki Soderberg
who wants more money for her most senior members…
...even if it hurts our children and younger teachers!
Capistrano Unified School Board is facing a crisis.
They are being forced to cut $34 million from the
2010-2011 budget...which is especially painful
because the Board members were forced to cut $25
million from this year’s budget.
Our school district was ill-prepared to deal with the State’s current budget crisis because former Superintendent James Fleming (now indicted for multiple felonies and awaiting trial) and his seven “old guard” trustees had engaged in years of gross fiscal mismanagement (e.g. massive deficit spending on an annual basis, failure to maintain adequate reserves, construction of a luxurious $52 million Administration Building).
Albert Shanker, former AFT President
Next time you hear that tired old union baloney about putting “Kids First,” remember what the late Albert Shanker, former American Federation of Teachers president, once said:
“When school kids start paying union dues, that’s when I’ll start representing the interests of school children.” Albert Shanker, The OC Register
This helps to explain the “Kids First” hypocrisy we continue to experience from union leaders, including those at CUSD, where many of their own rank and file have been influenced to ignore or deny the truth about dishonest special interest union politics.
Thanks for the brutal honesty, Albert. You’re a peach. We couldn’t have said it better.
New Report Shows California Teachers Are Highest-Paid in the Nation...Yet the Teachers Union Wants Billions More.
Click here to read the OC Register editorial.